Re: [LUG] Looking for help testing software

Hi Paul

I can't help much with the project, but some feedback on the website from a fresh pair of eyes.

I found it difficult to understand what this project was about - your first sentence here gave away more than the website did. By blind luck I moused over an image which took me to an about page (not a menu item?) but even then, it wasn't clear even by the time I'd read through.Â

I got the gist, but was confused by headers such as "Why ubuntu" - why indeed? Why can't the user just go to ubuntu? Or xubuntu, which is quite XP in feel. ÂThere's a few distros out there that have the same ideals as yourselves, what's unique about Tori_OS, what's the USP? (Things that have probably been considered already, but don't come across to a new visitor within the first 30 seconds, after which you've probably lost them.)

This isn't intended as a negative, just some feedback that I, as a casually interested viewer - and one who probably isn't your target audience, was confused.Â

Most projects would have a simple mission statement and explanation on the landing page. "Tori_OS - a fresh look at a familiar interface" Â "Helping ease the pain of migration from XP..." "Saving your organisation the cost of upgrading your hardware" - something enticing and fluffy, followed with a factual statement explaining; "A free linux based desktop solution and environment" (Or whatever)

Sorry if this isn't much help, and my time is a little limited - even the foss projects I am already involved with I don't help enough already.

Good luck with it!

Simon