Re: [LUG] Firefox tabs

On 25/07/14 18:39, Gibbs wrote:

> In truth its a development issue and Sainsbury's should have fixed it.

Totally agree - no idea why Firefox is getting blamed for Sainsbury's
crappy website.

> Whenever I update Firefox I do notice its pretty much just adding
> Chromium features. The latest versions developer tools are literally a
> straight copy from Webkit as far as the interface goes.

Somewhat agree - I update Firefox literally every day, sometimes several
times, so I'm in a good position to be watching the changes at the code
level. None of the Firefox features are literally copied from Chrome and
I have no idea why everyone fixates on this: sure, quite a lot of the
look and feel seem to be copying Chrome to a certain extent, but the
underlying code? Not even close.

> The one thing still going for Firefox is its development platform and
> extensions. It is far superior in that regard it is just a shame about
> the browser itself.

Totally disagree. Still the best browser in existence by almost any
metric. You're all welcome to go back to Safari, Chrome and Internet
Explorer any time you like.

Chromium is one thing, but Chrome is totally another: it staggers me
that anyone would actually willingly install it and use it (especially
techs). Chrome is simply an abusive internet spying machine, one that
just happens to be quite good at rendering websites. And trust me,
Google spend a lot more effort on getting the spying down pat than the
website rendering bit.

I've been using Firefox since day 0, back when it was Phoenix/Firebird.
It has only got better and better since then, and my boxfresh Nightly 34
build is the best browser I have ever used. At least probably until
tomorrow when my build box generates another one for me.

Really, really not understanding all the hate here.

*shrugs*

Cheers