From: Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 14:28
Subject: Re: [LUG] Firefox tabs

On 25/07/14 12:56, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 11:43:54 +0100
> Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Neil,

>> suggesting that it would be nice if these changes were offered to us as
>> a new layout which we could accept or not instead of suddenly appearing
>> after an upgrade. Then we could check them out and decide to go with
>> them or opt to stay as we were.

> I used to think like that, too. The thing is, at what point do you stop
> supporting the "old" stuff?
You stop supporting it when its usage drops below a certain point. Alternatively you drop the new stuff if its not picked up. Change for changes sake is a pain in the proverbial - as is adopting every new illegible style that some pushy tosser has managed to get implemented despite there being a 20 year history of people pointing out how inaccessible it is.
Tom te tom te tom

-- The Mailing List for the Devon & Cornwall LUG