Re: [LUG] Firefox tabs

On 25 July 2014 18:39, Gibbs <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 25/07/14 16:31, Simon Avery wrote:
And... A silly thing. But early last year, Sainsbury's online shopping stopped working with Firefox when FF silently dropped connections on pages which were a mixture of http and https.

Various versions of Webkit also behave oddly when mixed content is used. In truth its a development issue and Sainsbury's should have fixed it.

I don't disagree, but the fact remains that I had to consciously remember not to use my default browser when using a site I want to.
The one thing still going for Firefox is its development platform and extensions. It is far superior in that regard it is just a shame about the browser itself.

Again, I don't disagree, but I managed to find all the extensive scripts and plugins that I require within a couple of hours of switching. The only one that wasn't available was the non-crippled alternative to Adblock that was mentioned in here a while ago, that seems to be FF only.Â

On the whole I'm very pleased with my switch. I haven't had to restart my browser for weeks, nor had it crash.