Re: [LUG] Wanted! Hard Drive! Reward Offered!

On Fri, 7 Mar 2014 13:27:55 +0000
Jason Witcher <jaydoubleyou@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Jason,

>Bad news. The 320GB drive seems to have died at some point - I've tried

Feck.....

>it as a master and slave (boy, I'd forgotten the "joys" of fiddling
>about with pins on the back of IDE drives) in two machines and it's

I don't mind fiddling with pins, etc. but the eyes aren't what they used
to be, and even with glasses, the print in the telephone directory seems
to get smaller as I look at it.   :-)

>the PCs). Next best I've got is a 160GB but judging by your response to
>Daniel that won't be suitable.

You're right, it isn't big enough.  Ah well....

I was trying to avoid somebody chucking out a drive that could be put to
use here.  Just trying to do a wee bit of environment protection.

In any case, thanks for giving the drive a check for me.  At least now
you know it's just a door stop.

--
 Regards  _
Early morning when I wake up, I look like Kiss but without the make up