[LUG] Multiple paths for routing

Hi folks,

Got a bit of a question with regards to routing, not sure if it's possible
but I figure I'd ask anyway.

We have 4 sites in our organisation which are connected via VPN to the
head office using OpenVPN.  Most sites have two connections, either 2 x
ADSL or 1 x ADSL and 1 x FTTC.

At the moment we've got routes setup so if any one site wants to talk to
another site it goes over the connection to the main site and then out
again to the destination site which I gather isn't ideal.

So it looks a bit like this:

Remote Site A ----> Head Office ----> Remote Site B.

Now I've been looking at connecting each site together, so Remote Site A
can connect directly to Remote Site B and Remote Site C as well as the head
office.  However I'd also like the ability if the direct VPN connection
goes down (say one of the ADSL links goes down) that it goes via the Head
Office connection instead.

At the moment the OpenVPN machine is configured so remote subnets go via
the main VPN connection to the head office, it then gets forwarded on over
the other VPN connections.  What I'd like is some sort of thing where it
goes directly to the remote site, and if this route is down then go via the
Head Office route, and if that's down too, just give up.

I just wondered if anyone knew if this was possible and what sort of
voodoo I need to do to get it to have two possible routes?

Ta,

Rob