Re: [LUG] eee pc & Ubuntu

On Mon, 2014-02-03 at 16:10 +0000, Kevin Lucas wrote:

> > > I'll echo this sentiment as well. I'm not sure which eee pc you're talking
> > > about, but if it's 6 years old, then there's no way you'll be able to run
> > > any sort of video on it. Mine's only 3 years (sporting the Intel Atom
> > > N450), and it chokes on any sort of video application.
> >
> > Not sure what you mean by a video application, but our original Acer
> > Aspire Ones running Debian display full-screen bbc iPlayer without any
> > issues. mplayer works to play other movie files too.
> >
> > Gordon
> Yes the EEE  plays from an external DVD full screen (10") with no
> stutter, Iplayer is fine as well....

As a followup to this discussion ....
I have installed (as they were not present) xbacklight and xcalib.

No every time I reboot I get to see the display ok on the eee. I didn't
have to adjust any setting it now just works?

Also the dilemma with the two screens is solved by finding an error
message saying the Max screen size has been exceeded 2048x1546 which is
the Telly screen and the Laptop screen next to each other (contained in
this virtual Square) so dragging the laptop display beneath the Telly
puts the two screens inside this virtual square and I can rotate normal
just fine.