Re: [LUG] eee pc & Ubuntu

Yes the ee does this as well with Fedora and Mint it was ok on this but
Ubuntu its quite scary having 30 s of blank screen at boot.

ÂI'm a little late to the party with this, but I can confirm that my eee pc (the 1005pe) suffers from the same bug where sometimes it'll boot with the display fully dimmed. Fiddling with the hardware brightness buttons will get it where it needs to be, but it can be rather disconcerting.

> An Intel 945 chipset is decidedly NOT a "reasonable graphics chipset"

I'll echo this sentiment as well. I'm not sure which eee pc you're talking about, but if it's 6 years old, then there's no way you'll be able to run any sort of video on it. Mine's only 3 years (sporting the Intel Atom N450), and it chokes on any sort of video application.