Re: [LUG] Commandeering X

On 25 January 2014 19:09, bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> add yourself to the pulse and pulse-access
> groups if you haven't already:
>
> sudo usermod -aG pulse ghost
> sudo usermod -aG pulse-access ghost
>
> And now fiddle with pulseaudio so we can have it running a single
> system-wide instance (this may well cause other problems though, be
> warned): invoke an editor on /etc/pulse/daemon.conf and make sure the
> following two lines aren't commented out and are set to "yes".
>
> daemonize = yes
> system-instance = yes
>
> Restart pulseaudio (properly this time) with:
>
> sudo service pulseaudio restart
>
> You'll also need to log out and back in for your new group memberships
> to take effect.

For completeness, I found you also need to edit both
/etc/default/pulseaudio and /etc/init.d/pulseaudio, changing one line
to read:

PULSEAUDIO_SYSTEM_START=1

(I'm not sure whether both edits are necessary; one at least is).

Thanks again.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63