Re: [LUG] Commandeering X

On 23 January 2014 18:47, bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
dpkg-reconfigure x11-common

Here choose "anybody"

Bingo. That works. Thanks very much. At last my dream of not starting my desktop session at t/he greeter but instead starting it via ssh is fulfilled. I can die happy now.

My first thought about the solution is "Why allow only either root, console, or anybody?" Why not a group? That seems so obvious that I can't believe it wasn't considered and rejected years ago. Anybody know if that's the way it went? If so, why?

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63