Re: [LUG] MAc address changing was Re: MAC address on Android

Tom's example older than you imagine, we were spoofing Mac's in the mid 90's, and
10baseT had only just achieved dominance. I think the days of it being really fixed
were short lived if ever on 10baseT.

Remember Ethernet is truly ancient in IT terms, nearly as old as me, and went
through a variety of forms.

In all that time I only found one use outside impersonation, when a vendor managed
to ship cards with the same address.