Re: [LUG] MAC address on Android

> On 13 Jan 2014, at 16:41, "Tremayne, Steve" <steven.tremayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Some (most?) Linux distros have the ability to alter the MAC address, which seems
> to be only really of benefit for penetration testing, etc.

I think all Linux and all Windows, and vaguely recall doing it with SUNs and their
"forth" like boot language, joys of Fullduplex, coming back to the office and
finding half the boxes have deadbeef in their MAC address because the new techies
have found out how to.

Strangely I thought of a really handy use for it the other day, technically illegal
so never mind..