Re: [LUG] DIY :Re: OT: NSA: Do they or don't they?

On 08/09/13 12:01, Martijn Grooten wrote:
On Sun, 8 Sep 2013, Philip Hudson wrote:
It's definitely not helpful that we don't believe the NSA, but that is itself *entirely* the NSA's fault. The NSA lies and is almost immediately caught out, so we don't trust them, because we can't trust them.

True - and the NSA has itself to blame for the loss of trust in anything they say.

But there is some irony in the fact that we do tend to believe documents produced by the NSA, released by an ex-NSA employee, usually without asking questions.

Martijn.

No irony involved at all - they were internal documents not for public viewing therefore they are likely not to be the propaganda they want to feed us. This gives them much higher confidence.
Tom te tom te tom