Re: [LUG] DIY :Re: OT: NSA: Do they or don't they?

It's definitely not helpful that we don't believe the NSA, but that is itself *entirely* the NSA's fault. The NSA lies and is almost immediately caught out, so we don't trust them, because we can't trust them.

Schneier is very good on the absolute need for trust (as opposed to enforcement, rights, laws, etc) in a functioning and humane society, and the hihgly corrosive and near-instant effects of loss of trust in institutions.