Re: [LUG] Was Android phone crashing OT

On 04/08/2013 11:48, Kevin Lucas wrote:
On Sun, 2013-08-04 at 11:17 +0100, L Smith wrote:

Have any of the cheaper android phones got a working word processor of
sorts ready installed?

As an aside to this I have a Galaxy 3 phone with water damage which
after disassembly cleaning etc, now just has a "Sim not inserted"
error.
I have replaced the Sim Carrier board but to no avail so I am wondering
if applying the CyanogenMod may cure it? Any experience of this anyone?

I've had this issue too, on mine the SIM physically pops out (it was a regular sized SIM butchered to fit in a Micro SIM slot). I contacted Samsung and they said to send the phone back (my phone is also one of those with the dodgy eMMC, it hasn't died yet but it was starting to have senior moments).

Rob