Re: [LUG] Hotel Logging in Management

On 13 June 2013 16:33,  <lug@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Well I think one of the problems with running an open network even in a
> remote area is that in the case that one of your guests did something
> bad it would be hard for them to be held accountable as they could just
> argue that the network was open and anyone could have done it.

I don't quite understand your logic.

Open network = OK to abuse? Not accountable?
Passworded network = Not ok to abuse?

No, an open network should not be abused either and you can get a MAC
address just as easily.

> That isn't the case for me, living on the business premises. I am also
> in a busy area so anyone sitting at the nearby traffic lights with their
> phone set to automatically connect to open networks would probably
> connect to my Wi-Fi if it wasn't password protected which wouldn't be
> cool at all.

Why wouldn't it be cool for a passer by to get Internet access
briefly? Perhaps to navigate somewhere?

He's not abusive is he?