Re: [LUG] Hotel Logging in Management

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 15:42:27 +0800, Kai Hendry
<hendry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I personally think it's far too inconvenient for holidaymakers to
>requests codes to gain Internet access. Therefore my AP on my parent's
>holiday cottage is left simply open. We don't charge for electricity
>either. ;)

You might not be so smug about that when people start charging their
electric cars every night from your "free" electricity.

I am assuming that you only have one lot of guests staying at a time in
a holiday cottage and they will have all booked in advance, paying a
deposit by credit/debit card, so you have a good idea who they are
already so they are way less likely to download child porn or start a
revolution using your Wi-Fi.

I have a B&B and plenty of people ask if we have free Wi-Fi but no-one
complains about having to enter a password because they are used to
doing it at home (unless they are total idiots). It really isn't a big
deal.

In a 50 room business you will get people hogging the bandwidth and
doing things they shouldn't be doing most weeks so you need to manage
connection speed and at least make people think you can check-up on
them even if the reality is somewhat different.

Kevin