Re: [LUG] font rendering done right

On 06/06/13 20:31, bad apple wrote:

> http://www.webupd8.org/2013/06/better-font-rendering-in-linux-with.html
>
> I could not have been more wrong - the results are immediate and like
> night and day compared to the defaults. I haven't even bothered tweaking
> it yet, just installed it and set it to Infinality/Infinality (which is
> a pre-set based exactly on the dev's own preferred setup) and it's
> amazing.

Hmm, it seems to have changed my default system font (within GNOME at
least) to something with ugly serifs.

I've reset that in terminal and icedove, but can't immediately see how
to set it right (should the ugly critter turn up elsewhere - I recognize
it is the same one something else defaults to (possibly Macs?)).

Also tweaked my anti-aliasing to greyscale (perhaps I had tweaked this
stuff before), but that may be a personal choice thing or an LCD thing.

Seems also to have sorted a strange fuzziness issue with the right hand
side of the screen which I hadn't noticed till I read your post and
compared their before and after pictures and noted that something odd
happened on the right hand side of my screen.

Does seem to have sorted the kerning issue in Debian, but it all looks
fairly different due to the changes of font.

Suppose the question to ask is why is it still a patch?

 Simon