Re: [LUG] us military: wget arcane espionage toolkit

On 06/06/13 07:52, wes wrote:
> from the prosecution's opening statement in bradley manning's witch
> tri---er, court martial (2013-06-03)*,**:
>
>> The evidence will show that PFC Manning's actions were not
>> calculated [inaudible] of documents onesies and twosies. These were
>> massive, massive downloads aided by PFC Manning's mastery of an
>> unauthorized software program known as WGet, packaged and out the
>> door to WikiLeaks in a few hours in some cases.
>
> roflmao at "mastery", "unauthorized" (among other aspects of the
> orcish reasoning on display).

Hey wget has a few secrets to master. I'm guessing Manning probably
hasn't needed to master any of them for the alleged offences.

I suspect showing he hadn't mastered wget, and that it was authorized
(assuming it was), probably won't save Manning, but that is adversarial
justice for you.