[LUG] font rendering done right

I keep an eye on the webupd8.org site as frequent useful tips crop up
from time to time - it's mostly Ubuntu biased, but a lot of the stuff
there is applicable to other distros.

Well they've outdone themselves with this latest entry:

http://www.webupd8.org/2013/06/better-font-rendering-in-linux-with.html

Working with OSX wielding graphics+design pros does sometimes have it's
advantages, and I've become very sensitive to and fussy about font
rendering for example which, let's be honest, absolutely sucks on Linux.
So I immediately thought I'd try out this "Infinality" patch set to
freetype, not really expecting much from it - I happen to be sat in
front of an Ubuntu 13.04 workstation currently and although I've got
used to it's font rendering being so crap I still hate it making my eyes
bleed every time I use it.

I could not have been more wrong - the results are immediate and like
night and day compared to the defaults. I haven't even bothered tweaking
it yet, just installed it and set it to Infinality/Infinality (which is
a pre-set based exactly on the dev's own preferred setup) and it's
amazing. Better yet, it also works on Debian (which as much as I love
it, has *the* worst default font rendering of any OS ever). I will be
installing this immediately on every Linux machine I touch, it's that good.

I wouldn't normally bother linking to something like this but it is
really that good.

Regards