Re: [LUG] DrayTek Vigor 120 - unstable connections following machine reboot

On 08/02/13 16:16, stinga wrote:

> Never had a problem with Oracle either.
>
> Just ring up and escalate, they get back and issue is fixed.

You have obviously never dealt with Oracle.

Ring up and escalate, are you fucking kidding me? I have a 3 year
outstanding bug with RDB ongoing, and more onsolved tickets than I've
had hot dinners. My .NET programmer friend fights with them daily on
un-resolved mid-tier interoperability issues. And he has no idea of the
pain you can encounter (he is a senior programmer for the Cooperative
Bank, not exactly a minor customer) when your as400/system i big boxes
puke fatally on a known replication issue for the hundredth time on your
multi-million pound NHS clinic planning app.

I repeat, you have obviously never actually dealt with Oracle except
perhaps for the most minor, trivial thing ever. Anything above that, and
they are the worst IT company in the entire world. I deal with these
retards pretty much every single day of my life, god help me. "The issue
is fixed". Holy crap, I've already forwarded that to my unfortunate
comrades in arms who will  be laughing all the way through their daily
calls to Oracle Support on Monday...

Regards