[LUG] DrayTek Vigor 120 - unstable connections following machine reboot

Following Gordon's suggestion on this list, I've been happily using
this modem for a few years as a replacement for the router that came
with BT's business broadband. There's a SuSE box behind it that that
does the routing, which works fine..

Earlier this week, the SuSE box had to be rebooted. Not good but things happen.

However, since then, I've been suffering from unstable network
connections to the modem. Packet loss (on pings to the modem) of
around 50%, RX errors in ifconfig (no TX errors).

I've tried on a different machine and the problem is the same there -
I've also reset the router to its factory settings, but none of this
has made a difference.

I actually keep track of the network connection and therefore I know
the problems started right after the reboot took place. Could this
have affected the modem and, in particular, in such an odd way?

Thanks

Martijn.