Re: [LUG] OT: abusive IP address list processing or blocklist for web spam

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 8:38 AM, Simon Waters wrote:
> Yes, lot of blacklists for email although spamhaus was still best last time I
> looked, but the pricing is harsh for webhosting. But what I need is lists for
> blocking comment spam and related abuses.

I've never really looked at comment spam, but to me it always sounds
like something that is potentially unblockable based on the source, as
there's no way to distinguish between a human leaving a comment from
their home PC and a compromised home PC that's part of a
comment-spamming botnet.

But then perhaps using a botnet for comment spam is a waste of
resources. It's probably not something that generate a huge income for
the crooks behind it.

Martijn.