Re: [LUG] collaboration tools

On 16/01/13 01:02, Kai Hendry wrote:
> On 3 January 2013 17:58, paul sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On the http://www.dcglug.org.uk/irc I have links to a few collaboration
>> text editors (don't know what ever technical term there is for these)
>
> Why put it on the /irc page?

Good question...

>> Does anyone know of similar tools that offer things like spredsheet, and
>> other functionality,,  drawing, diagramming etc,
>
> Be good of you to promote open mergable formats like CSV & GNUplot
> which I've been messing around lately with
> https://github.com/kaihendry/laptemp

Yes, there are loads of tools that try and do the "two author" type
thing, but it I've rarely seen people trying to use them in anger. Tools
that merge, or tools that simply hand over control (or control can be
taken) can achieve the same thing with less discussion between
collaborators, which ultimately is what limits scalability in parallel
processing.