Re: [LUG] OT: abusive IP address list processing or blocklist for web spam

Yes whois has the information, it just gets tedious and whois servers tend to have
query limits so important to suppress unneeded queries.  It isn't that I don't know
how to do this, it is simply scaling it up that requires work.  Trying a blocklist
using libapache2-mod-spamhaus and third party list. So far it has blocked a number
of tor exit nodes and a proxy run by RIM (probably in error as I can't find recent
abuse from there). I've filed an abuse report with ubiquityservers who are currently
hosting about 200 servers run by these particular crooks. Since some have been up
since at least November I'm not optimistic.