Re: [LUG] website

I suspect Gordon is talking about Raspberry Pies or Exeter, Paul never made it clear
earlier in the thread.

As regards security I think all the web technologies are hard to do right. Wordpress
developed their own php libraries to do escaping right, as a result of this and
other hardening WP core code probably has the edge over many similar competing
solutions in terms of security now.

I note for example there was a hole in perl CGI module recently which is fairly core
technology which one would hope would be solid.

I'm moving to the view what we need is web technology built from the ground up for
hostile environments, because both knowing what to do, and remembering to do it, is
tough in web devopment. However then  I see that some more hodge podge solutions do
hold together and think maybe I'm mad. My first attempt to reinvent it all died in
the insanity that is yacc and bison, when I find some more motivation I'll try again
with different tools, and some more education.