Re: [LUG] WordPress security (was: website)

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012, Adrian Midgley wrote:

On 30 December 2012 18:36, paul sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok so what do we need for a lug website

I'd agree with the list.

I'd say for durability and interest there should be several people
with update permissions.

It is not clear to me that any of it needs a CMS.

It needs a "cms" because no-one likes editing raw html files. That's so last century. I don't actually care what the cms is as long as it's easy for members to login, edit pages, add their own, update stuff, post photos, etc. You will not attract people (especially younger people) to a site that does not have some sort of webby based site editor these days.

I use wordpress because it's easy to use and can be made to look pretty relatively quickly.

FTP an HTML file to the server? Yea, right.

Gordon