Re: [LUG] New printer

On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 08:38:50 +0000
tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello tom,

>My last 'new' printer was actually cheaper than the genuine replacement

That's almost always the way.  The printers are sold at, more or less,
cost.  The profit is in the ink.

'twas ever thus, of course.  Polaroid cameras were sold at cost, the
film was where the profit lay.  I had regular dealings with a Polaroid
rep many years a go, he could get me virtually any number of cameras
(free), but giving away the film was a disciplinary offence.

--
 Regards  _
Stained glass windows keep the cold outside