Re: [LUG] New printer

On 29 November 2012 15:51, Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Lexmark were always the worst of
the worst and horrendous to support under linux, so much so I've not
even looked at once for a decade, so they may be better now.

Er... no. I've got a Lexmark X4690 and have tried a few times to get it to print from Linux, to no avail. It is allegedly possible but I always come up against a brick wall at some point so now I just boot into Windows on my laptop if I need to print anything out (which is quite rare these days). I might have another go if I'm bored one day but it's a long way down my list of computer jobs. It doesn't even like *Windows* very much, it's supposed to scan wirelessly to a Windows machine but always barfs whenever I try so I just shove a memory card or USB stick in and scan to that whenever I need it.
Jason