Re: [LUG] New printer

On 12/01/2012 05:42 PM, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> Luckily I do not print much. I do need to keep costs down. Anyone have
> any thoughts on all this please?

When I found that my new ink cartridges had dried up by the time I
wanted to print something again, I decided the time was right to give up
on owning a printer and just get things printed online or by a friend
when I needed that.  The hassle factor of that is sufficient that I've
barely printed anything for 10 years.  Hard to beat that for cheapness,
but not exactly helpful advice ;)

>From a quick look at the costs of the genuine cartridges vs the cost of
a new printer, I'd be tempted to put non-genuine ones in and just
replace the printer if it dies.  If you get past 3-4 refills in genuine
cartridges, you've probably paid for a new printer anyway!

Cheers,

Mike.