Re: [LUG] New printer

On 01/12/2012 09:09, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> On 01/12/12 00:34, Jason Witcher wrote:
>> On 29 November 2012 15:51, Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx
>> <mailto:digdilem@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>
>>     Lexmark were always the worst of
>>     the worst and horrendous to support under linux,
>> Jason
>>
> I have often been warned about Lexmark printers. I never even consider
> them.
>
> Neil

I have used OKI black 7 White printers  with both Linux and Windows for
some 12 years now with no problems:
OSs Open SUSE 9 to 12.2, Knoppix 3 to 7, SLAX 5 upwards
Widows XP, vista , Win 7
Win Vista and XP dual boot
Win 7 reserved for Windows (client requirement) but dual boots with Live
DVDs (SUSE) and Knoppix
All work ok with OKI printers
Regards eion
--