Re: [LUG] Linux - and security

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Julian Hall wrote:
> You can add a new delivery address.. fairly sure because I did it while in
> hospital

Ah yes, of course. I've used that to send people presents. You can add
foreign addresses. They do send you an email to confirm an order, but
hey, if have access to that email account, then you can read and
delete these.

So you should make sure that your PC is protected by a password.

> Having said that there's nothing to stop a burglar staying around if
> they know the occupants are away on holiday.

I somehow believe that in the extremely unlikely case someone can
break into your property and stay there for at least a night, the
security of your computer is probably not your major worry.

> The burden of proof would *I think* be on the police to prove the customer was
> complicit in the use

I'm pretty sure that is the case. It would be wrong, and a legal mess,
otherwise.

Martijn.