Re: [LUG] Linux - and security

On 02/11/12 09:36, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> What's really neded is more education. That's the key - even for Win
> PCs, with the knowledge to stop your computer auto-execiting stuff in
> email, on erb pages, etc. you can do a lot for yourself even before the
> virus scanners check things.
>
> It's only a matter of time before the criminals start to target Linux
> with more gusto than they currently do.
>
> Gordon

Thanks for all the responses. Not so simple, just as I thought. So
things are only going to get worse. And the government is always
thinking of ways to spy on us.

Education is the way to go, but not just in schools perhaps. I have a
rather hazy understanding of what I should be doing as a minimum to be
reasonably secure. So some suggestions from our more knowledgeable list
members could be useful for many of us I believe.

Thanks

Neil