[LUG] Strange permissions and sound issues. A coincidence?

Hello. Well, my name is Michael (Mike, whatever) and I live in the Exeter area. I have been lurking on this list for a couple of months now and chimed in the other day, on the Time To Upgrade thread.

I must say it has been very interesting to follow the recent security thread. Thanks Martijn, bad apple, and others.

Seen as that thread seemed to generate allot of interest, I thought I would mention the Tech Snap podcast. It should make an informative listen to anyone interested in contemporary computer related security issues. The second host, Alan, is very knowledgeable about all the topics the show covers. The other presenter's, Chris's, antics will be familiar to listeners of other Jupiter broadcasting shows (eg, The Linux Action Show) .

It is a lighthearted but very informative show. I believe both noobs and those more knowledgeable will get allot from this weekly podcast (find it on Google and throw the rss into gpodder).

I hope plugs are ok (I am in no way affiliated, etc).

Cheers to all.

Mike.