Re: [LUG] Linux - and security

On 02/11/12 18:15, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> And my comment above about the government was most certainly not
> flippant. I was being very serious when I wrote it. All governments want
> to control their citizens to some degree, some more than others of
> course, and the internet has made this so much harder for them. Spying
> on us is one of their ways of fighting to retrieve some of their lost
> ground.
>
> And yes, I am being deadly serious,

I stand corrected then Neil: and I completely, 100% agree with you now I
know you were actually being serious.

It's terribly sad but perfectly understandable: by far the biggest
threat to you on the internet is your own government.

You can outwit and avoid the hackers, but legislation is a far more
pervasive and insidious threat to our security and our freedoms.

Regards