Re: [LUG] Linux - and security

On 02/11/12 17:10, bad apple wrote:
> On 02/11/12 12:48, Neil Winchurst wrote:
>> Thanks for all the responses. Not so simple, just as I thought. So
>> things are only going to get worse. And the government is always
>> thinking of ways to spy on us.

Well, bad apple gave us a long and informative reply about security
which I will study carefully. It all seems far worse than I imagined and
very scary!

So thanks for that. I am planning to replace my current, out of date,
distro very soon and I will look at making it much more secure.

And my comment above about the government was most certainly not
flippant. I was being very serious when I wrote it. All governments want
to control their citizens to some degree, some more than others of
course, and the internet has made this so much harder for them. Spying
on us is one of their ways of fighting to retrieve some of their lost
ground.

And yes, I am being deadly serious,

Neil