Re: [LUG] Ark project - test equipment and tools needed

> I wouldn't know about the real world stuff, according to the Linux
> Format article I was reading the other day the Red Hat exams are based
> on actual tasks rather than multiple choice questions like the
> Microsoft exams.

This is what I mean,  you have to be able to use the system, not simply
answer questions,   talking to Neil Stone,  for things like LPI you need
to know various what seem obscure options for commands and how / when to
use them.

> I've been having a snoop at the LPI site and found this:
>
> http://www.lpi.org/exam-preparation/self-study
>
> It looks like the LPIC-1 and LPIC-2 exam resources are out of date and
> in the process of being updated at the moment.  I gather the LPIC-3
> stuff is up to date.
>
> There is also now a new Linux Essentials exam which looks like an
> interesting course for beginners and the exam which is around 50 to 65
> euros comes with a PDF certificate of achievement valid for 10 years.
>
> The press release about it is here:
> http://www.lpi.org/news/lpi-announces-linux-essentials-program
>

> Yup quite possibly :-)
>
> Rob

For the benefit of people I am keeping the following links, if others
could too it would really help
http://exeter.lug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=ltsp_for_the_ark

http://www.lpi.org/exam-preparation/self-study
http://www.lpi.org/news/lpi-announces-linux-essentials-program