Re: [LUG] Ark project - test equipment and tools needed

On 18/10/12 09:28, Rob Beard wrote:
> On 17/10/12 23:10, trevor@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> I have a punch down tool that you can use, an "auto stripping" tool
>> and a plug
>> crimp tool. We still have the Cat 5 boxes and cable left over from
>> the Kinnerton
>> Way project too.
>>
>> And I bought some small screwdrivers for "Messy Church" so those can
>> be used too
>> as long any work does not clash.
>>
>> What is the plan for buying consumables like cable and sockets etc?
>>
>> Trevor
>>

> As far as I'm aware the builders are dealing with installing CAT5
> sockets etc, all we need to do is put the computers and server etc in.
>
> Rob

Just a thought as for cable perhaps for making up short lengths the
enginners could leave us any off cuts or left over cable,   we can get
ends easy enough it would be a great opportunity to teach people how to
make up cables, etc

Before someone shouts out I know how,   there are several younger
members (not that I am impying they don't know how to do this) and
myself and maybe one or two others who may want some practice,

end of the day any opportunity to teach / learn should be taken.  I am
sure that given the shortage of IT techie people in this country they
would be happy to help as that builds up skills for the future.

When i figure out how to send messages to the Exeter list I may forward
this e-mail to there too.

or could someone who is subscribed post a message so I know where to
send a e-mail.

Paul

http://drupal.zleap.net
skype : psutton111