Re: [LUG] Sad encounter

On 24/09/12 21:26, paul sutton wrote:

Well this is where good adivce will be useful and I guess if they see
you as a linux expert then you are in a position to suggest the right
approach,

Lubuntu works great for me,  however i guess debian + lxde is pretty
much the same sort of thing, or as rob suggested mint.

Important thing is they feel supported and can ask questions and get
answers,  providfe that (even with the help of the lug) and you area in
for a chance on converting people over.

Paul

I do like LXDE, I like the fact it's pretty lightweight, but I don't like the faffing around to edit the menus (not sure if that's changed, it's been a year or so since I last looked at it). I'd say the best integration of LXDE I've found was Linux Mint LXDE edition :-)

(I did try the manual route of Debian and LXDE but gave up in the end).

Now how long until someone mentions FWM2 or Windowmaker? :-) (I realise that they are really lightweight and would probably fly on todays modern hardware).

Rob