Re: [LUG] Oh no, not ISP recommendations again!

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Brad Rogers wrote:
>>> IPv6 isn't an issue, AFAIAC.  Not yet, any way.
>>You should still think about it.
>
> Yeah, I know.  It would mean buying a new router and probably having a
> hard time finding one that isn't all wireless(1)(2) and has at least 4
> ports as well as handling IPv6.  To say nothing of configuring it.   :-)

It's more that if you suddenly find yourself needing IPv6, you'll only
have to buy a new router (or upgrade the software running on the
router) and won't have to look for a new ISP as well.

(Though it is fair to say there are various tunnelling protocols that
allow you to run IPv6 on an IPv4-only connection. So unless IPv6 could
become business critical at some point in the near future, it probably
shouldn't be a deal breaker when choosing an ISP.)

Martijn.