[LUG] Unanswered questions

... from yesterday.

(Note: I have deliberately not RTFMed. This is as much to give the flavor of the meeting as to gain answers).

1. What's the difference between 'ssh -X' and 'ssh -Y' (i.e. X11Forwarding and TrustedX11Forwarding)?

2. WTF is clang, and is it really going to replace gcc?

3. Does Wayland exist?

4. Does Restricted Boot mean we're all doomed, or that our old hardware will jump in value?

5. Does anyone use a non-apt/dpkg/deb distro, like Suse, RHEL/Fedora/ Centos, Mageia, Arch, Gentoo?

6. What's the right command line invocation to burn an ISO to a CD/DVD on debian/Ubuntu/Mint, rather than just copy the ISO file? Does it involve mkisofs (we thought so) and dd (I doubted this).

7. How is Trisquel freer than debian?

8. Shall we have our next meeting at a cider festival? (No!)

9. Software Freedom day is coming. I think we need a nudity-themed hook to get the punters in.

That's all I can recall just now, but there may well have been others I've forgotten.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63