Re: [LUG] Oh no, not ISP recommendations again!

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012, Brad Rogers wrote:

Other than that... Unless your exchange is unbundled, then your choice

It's a rural one (Bishops Nympton) which IIRC is only TalkTalk LLU.

TalkTalk seem to have unbundled a lot of exchanges in the SW recently - my exchange (Buckfastleigh) was done in January - and now BT have just installed ADSL 2+ kit, so I'll go from 8Mb to about 16Mb in a few weeks... Then it'll be cheaper to migrate to some of the ISPs I'm looking at, so it's worth while seeing if your exchange is going to be BT 2+'d soon...

Hm. you sure it's got TT? I've just checked and it's not - just ADSL max (up to 8Mb) and no sign of 2+....

the neiche providers, you'll pay a little more. (No IPv6 on Zen yet
IIRC)

IPv6 isn't an issue, AFAIAC.  Not yet, any way.

You should still think about it.

Thanks for all the advice;  It gives me plenty to work with.

Good luck with whoever you choose though - I really don't know who I'm

Thanks;  I think I'm going to need it.

Once upon a time it was easy...

Gordon