Re: [LUG] Oh no, not ISP recommendations again!

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 19:34:35 +0100 (BST)
Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Gordon,

>Hm. you sure it's got TT? I've just checked and it's not - just ADSL
>max (up to 8Mb) and no sign of 2+....

I was going by one of the BB suppliers' (can't remember which one) line
checker utility, which seems to think it's there, but I find it easier to
believe that it isn't.

>> IPv6 isn't an issue, AFAIAC.  Not yet, any way.
>You should still think about it.

Yeah, I know.  It would mean buying a new router and probably having a
hard time finding one that isn't all wireless(1)(2) and has at least 4
ports as well as handling IPv6.  To say nothing of configuring it.   :-)

(1) Mainly because three of the machines that need to be connected don't
have wireless capability, and I don't want to have to buy cards for them
as well, especially as the house is already wired up with CAT5e cable.

(2) I've simply not kept up with router/modem changes, so don't really
have any idea what's available.  I know my NetGear DG834 isn't
ADSL2+/IPv6, though.

--
 Regards  _
But they didn't tell him the first two didn't count