Re: [LUG] Oh no, not ISP recommendations again!

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 13:05:03 +0100 (BST)
Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Gordon,

>I'm an Entanet reseller but I'd not be pushing it, even trying to

I thought I remembered you being a reseller, I just wasn't sure whose
services you sold.

>persuade you otherwise as they've personally pissed me off quite a bit
>recently, and if they can't treat their resellers with a bit more care
>than an ordinary punter then screw them.

The data errors are bad enough, but the lame excuse for long delays in
replies to email take the biscuit.  "Went on holiday for a fortnight".
So, no cover whilst you were off, and you went on holiday with no
notice?  Bloody liar.

>There aren't any companies in the SW, so you might as well forget that
>tact...

That's a nice to have, rather than essential.  A pity though, as
supporting the SW economy is always a preference for me.

>OK. There are... "Eclipse" looks like it's SW, and it was once upon a
>time but is now owned by Kingston.

I vaguely recall the name, will check them out.

>The best of the best of the best is AAISP, but for your data usage,
>expect to pay some Â70 a month or more.

I took a look and reckon I could get it for about Â50 based on family
use patterns, but that's still steeper than I'd like.  Was thinking more
along the lines of under Â30.  I currently pay under Â20, but if I were
to stay with UKFSN I'd have to change package to their Â30 option
anyway, soon.

>Other than that... Unless your exchange is unbundled, then your choice

It's a rural one (Bishops Nympton) which IIRC is only TalkTalk LLU.

>the neiche providers, you'll pay a little more. (No IPv6 on Zen yet
>IIRC)

IPv6 isn't an issue, AFAIAC.  Not yet, any way.

Thanks for all the advice;  It gives me plenty to work with.

>Good luck with whoever you choose though - I really don't know who I'm

Thanks;  I think I'm going to need it.

--
 Regards  _
I don't believe you have to be an idiot to get somewhere these days