Re: [LUG] Non-technical support ticketing system

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 9:01 PM, Simon Waters wrote:
> Have to say I found it a bit too customizable, and I had a lot of perl
> expertise on hand if I'd needed it at the time.

I quite like the idea of RT and on one hand, the fact that it's
written in Perl make it more attractable (I'm much more confident
programming in Perl than in PHP), but how easy would it be to move the
whole thing from one host to another? Do most providers support the
same basic set of Perl modules these days? I know it's possible to
install missing modules locally, but I want something that doesn't
depend on the fact that I happen to know my way around Perl.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions - it's good to see that are a
lot of options available.

Martijn.