Re: [LUG] postscript code generator

On 14/06/12 15:07:35, tom wrote:
On 14/06/12 13:51, stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On 14/06/12 11:50:26, Admin wrote:
On 14/06/12 11:17, stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> What I need is a way to generate customer documents, postscript
would be
> good.
> Does anybody do this or what could I use, still searching myself.

We use an HTML Templating system written in Perl, and html2ps to
produce
Postscript for printing.

Sounds like you've been looking at very very very old HTML stuff.
You can position stuff very easily with stylesheets and and then just print if from the screen.

Not that old, but might be badly written.
Thing is I don't want to use a browser to print the thing, it should just print when it needs to, like real systems do :-)

The other problem with browser stuff is all the headers and footer junk so you can't use the whole page.

--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\