Re: [LUG] postscript code generator

On 14/06/12 11:50:26, Admin wrote:
On 14/06/12 11:17, stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> What I need is a way to generate customer documents, postscript
would be
> good.
> Does anybody do this or what could I use, still searching myself.

We use an HTML Templating system written in Perl, and html2ps to
produce
Postscript for printing.

Any particular reason to print invoices? We only print those for which no email address is on record I believe.

All the html stuff I have seen so far can't do positional text, I.E. we need data printed at a known location.

We only print invoices for orders that we ship and then they are really an pick/pack slip.

Quite common to want to be able select where the data goes rather than leaving it up to the browser.

The idea is, when something needs shipping it prints to a printer with having to bother with looking at the system to work out what needs doing.

I create a PS file using open office and just replace the data I need in it, that would work, but is a bit naff. There must be something out there that does what I need, I would have thought it was a pretty common issue.

--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\