Re: [LUG] Skype and/or Ekiga

On 06/03/12 15:48, Neil Winchurst wrote:
On 06/03/12 13:19, Gordon Henderson wrote:
I wonder why it was so easy to set up via Alsa and so difficult via
pulseaudio.

I think it's the way Skype works. You might be able to convince it to use the PulseAudio OSS emulation, I think it's padsp

So to run Skype from a terminal enter

padsp skype

I've been playing around with Skype recently, I found that on Ubuntu 10.04 it wouldn't work with my Playstation Eyetoy webcam properly and after much faffing around I bit the bullet and bought a Logitech C270 webcam from PC World (also managed to get it for 9 quid too, Comet had them in stock in Exeter for £9.99 for the Indigo model so PC World in Torquay price matched and also knocked off 10% of the difference saving me an extra quid :-D).

I'll report back on the webcam in a bit, it's supposed to work on Linux, if it does the 1280x720 resolution on Linux though, well that'll be interesting to see (I'm half expecting 640x480).

Rob