Re: [LUG] Telephone call re my computer

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 6:27 PM, Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A couple of my old customers may have tripped them up too.. Dell used to
> customise Windows and rename 'My Computer' to 'My Dell'.  'Double-click My
> Computer for me please..'  'I don't have that..'  'Do you have a Mac?'
>  'No.. Windows..' *head scratch before finally figuring it out*

To make the computer appear a little used, I had downloaded the free
version of AVG. I hadn't had the time to install it, so it was sitting
on the Desktop. The lady asked me if I was running antivirus software.
"Erm, I think I'm running McAfee AVG". (Pretty sure I once heard
someone say that.) "Oh, the engineer has just told me you're running
the free version of AVG."

Martijn.