Re: [LUG] Telephone call re my computer

They called me again yesterday. I played along for a while and before
they were supposed to connect to my PC, I said I needed to go and
would call them back the next day. By then I had set up a VM running
XP.

Had great fun and it was interesting to see what happens if you fall
for them. Interestingly, no credit card check is performed (so they
record the number and presumably charge you later) and thus I got
through to the "end". They would probably be convincing for the true
computer illiterate but generally they were rather clueless - there
were  a lot of hints that this was a brand new Windows installation,
non of which they picked up.

I managed to take a lot of screenshots. As I had mentioned, I'm
working on a presentation about this and I basically saw it being
written before me.

Martijn.